Why add video to your site?
- It builds your search results. Google indexes video content and returns it in search results.
- It gets you on YouTube, the second largest search engine (next to Google). Reach a greater number of people by posting videos to YouTube.
- It’s personal. Videos add a face and voice to the words on your site.
- It attracts people who prefer visuals. People like to consume information in different ways. Some prefer watching and listening over reading large amounts of text (especially online).
Creating a Video Room
Creating a video room involves adding videos and then pulling them onto a page or post. The videos must be uploaded to a video sharing platform. We recommend YouTube.
To add videos:
- From within the Video tab on the left navigation, click Add Video.
- Enter a title for your video.
- Enter the URL for the video (e.g. the YouTube URL).
- Add a short description.
- Add a Video Type (found on the right under publishing options). This lets you categorize your videos.
- Click Save All Changes.
- Publish the Page.
To pull videos onto a page:
- Add/Edit the page or post on which you would like to put a video room.
- Click the List Videos icon at the top the visual editing panel, as shown below.
- Select the category(ies) you want to display. You can also choose how many videos to display by typing the number of videos to show in the Limit box.
- Click Insert Video Listing.
- Publish or Update the page.
To change the order of your videos:
- From within the Video tab on the left navigation, click Re-Order.
- Scroll down to Manual Order.
- Drag and drop videos in the order that you would like them to appear.
- Click Update.
To add videos to your homepage:
- Click the Homepage tab on the left navigation
- Choose Homepage – News/Events/Videos/People from the Homepage Options.
- Scroll down towards the bottom and choose your options.
Add a feature video
- Easily add a feature video to the top of your page by putting the video URL above the shortcode. The feature video will be full size above the video thumbnails.
Choose thumbnails & optimize descriptions on YouTube
- YouTube allows you to choose a thumbnail. Change the thumbnail if you prefer something other than the default.
- Add captivating titles and good descriptions on YouTube to get the attention of both people and search engines!