Posts contain chronologically arranged information (news reports, event results, blog entries etc). The structure is defined by categories and tags which aid navigation and search results. In the post creation area you’ll find most of the same options as in the page creation area.
The following are key sections that you will encounter when working with posts:
- Title and Content Editing Area– Where you enter content.
- Publish– Where you can save and publish your page and preview your changes.
- Categories – Where you classify posts under general topics. These are important for RSS purposes.
- Tags – Where you can enter keywords and terms to help search engines and users find related content.
- Custom Field Template– Where you can add more advanced functionality to your post.